The city that never sleeps is home to some of the most exciting and vibrant nightlife in the world, with a multitude of clubs catering to every taste and style.
Today, we invite you on an exclusive journey through NYC’s top 17 nightclubs where fashion-forward partygoers gather under pulsating neon lights to enjoy everything from electronic dance music (EDM) to hip-hop beats.
In this blog post, we will explore these premier destinations for dancing, socializing, and living it up – whether you’re looking for chic rooftop bars or underground techno temples.
Top 17 Best Nightclubs In NYC
As a nightlife enthusiast, I cannot help but rave about Marquee, one of the best nightclubs in NYC. Located at 289 10th Ave, this high-end club has earned its reputation not only for hosting exclusive events and featuring world-class DJs but also as one of the top 10 best nightclubs in New York City.
When entering Marquee on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, be prepared to dazzle on their spacious dance floor while sipping drinks from their VIP tables offering bottle service.
For those who prefer less crowded scenes, guest list entry is available by purchasing tickets through their official website.
1 Oak is a popular nightclub and lounge located in the heart of Chelsea, New York City. It is known for its vibrant nightlife, featuring a rotation of world-renowned DJs and a unique atmosphere.
The club offers a VIP area with a roaring fireplace and large artwork, while ostrich-leather banquettes line underlit brick walls covered by metallic gold curtains. A pink cursive neon sign on the wall emphasizes the club’s appeal to late-night revelers.
1 Oak has gained a significant following, with its Instagram account showcasing photos and videos of the club’s events and atmosphere. The club was recently in the news for being evicted from its New York City location due to unpaid rent.
Up&Down is a nightclub and lounge that was located in the West Village neighborhood of New York City. The club was known for its vibrant atmosphere and was a popular destination for late-night partygoers. Here are some key details about Up&Down:
– Location: 244 W 14th St, New York, NY 10011, between 7th and 8th Ave.
– Status: The club is currently closed.
– Instagram: Up&Down had an active Instagram account, showcasing photos and videos of its events and atmosphere.
– VIP Access: The club offered VIP access, with bottle service packages available for groups of ladies.
– Tuesday Nights: Up&Down was known for its Tuesday night parties, which could be prebooked for admission.
PHD Terrace is a popular rooftop lounge located at the top of Dream Hotel Midtown in New York City. It offers a swanky atmosphere with a penthouse vibe, sweeping views of the city, and a menu of cocktails and gourmet bites.
The terrace is designed to be a welcoming, all-season rooftop oasis, making it a perfect spot for after-work drinks or weekend gatherings.
Some key features of PHD Terrace include:
– Location: Situated in the heart of NYC at the top of Dream Hotel Midtown.
– Awards: The lounge has been awarded “Rooftop Bar Of The Year” in 2020.
– Menu: The menu offers a variety of cocktails and gourmet bites, making it a great place to enjoy a drink or a meal with friends.
Lavo is a unique concept in midtown Manhattan, offering both an Italian restaurant and a nightclub experience. It is part of the Tao Group, known for its innovative and high-quality hospitality venues. Here are some key features of Lavo:
– Italian Restaurant: Lavo Italian Restaurant is famous for its signature menu items, including the Lavo Meatball, homemade pasta, and homemade desserts. The restaurant offers an all-day menu, lunch, brunch, dessert, and cocktails, with a complete wine list available for download. It is a popular spot for enjoying delicious Italian cuisine in a stylish setting.
– Nightclub: Lavo Nightclub provides an unparalleled experience for guests looking to see their favorite DJs in an intimate setting. The club offers a vibrant atmosphere, with a focus on music and entertainment. It is a go-to destination for those seeking a lively nightlife experience in Midtown NYC.
– Location: Lavo is located in midtown Manhattan, making it easily accessible for both locals and tourists. It is situated in a prime location, surrounded by other popular dining and entertainment options.
The Box is a unique and exclusive club that offers nightly shows combining music, theater, burlesque, and erotica. Here are some key features of The Box:
– Location: The Box has two locations, one in Manhattan, New York, and another in Soho, London. The New York location is situated at 189 Chrystie St, in the Lower East Side.
– Shows: The club is known for its provocative and boundary-pushing performances, featuring acrobatics, threesomes, and other explicit acts. The shows are described as raucous and not for the faint of heart. The London club is said to be slightly tamer than its New York counterpart, but still highly provocative.
– Famous Guests: The Box has attracted a range of high-profile guests, including Kate Moss, Emma Watson, and Prince Harry. The club’s explicit two-hour show has garnered attention for its controversial and unconventional acts.
– Late-Night Experience: The Box is known for its late start and late closing time, contributing to its reputation as a club that truly embodies the spirit of the city that never sleeps.
Avenue is a well-known nightclub located at the crossroads of Chelsea and the Meatpacking District in New York City. Here are some key features of Avenue:
– Location: Avenue is situated at 116 10th Ave, in a prime area known for its vibrant nightlife scene.
– Famous Guests: The club has attracted high-profile names such as Kim Kardashian and Derek Jeter. Its reputation as a go-to clubbing destination has made it a popular spot for celebrities and VIPs.
– Ownership: Avenue is brought to you by the same owners as the renowned Marquee nightclub, adding to its credibility and appeal.
– Drinks and Bottle Service: The club offers a range of drinks, with mixed drinks and cocktails starting at $15 and bottles starting at $350. Bottle service is available for those looking for a more exclusive and personalized experience.
– Resident DJs: Avenue brings in different local DJs to provide a diverse and energetic music experience for its guests.
There are two rooftop venues in New York City called “The Roof.” One is located at the PUBLIC Hotel on the Lower East Side, and the other is at Park South in NoMad. Here are some details about each:
– The Roof at PUBLIC Hotel – Perched on top of the affordable luxury PUBLIC Hotel, The Roof offers a glassed-in rooftop bar with an outdoor terrace and sweeping views over Manhattan. It has a stylish indoor lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows and a beautiful landscaped outdoor terrace, providing panoramic 360° views of the city.
The venue is known for its vibrant and energetic atmosphere, serving fine sunset cocktails and transforming into a sexy late-night hotspot with the best local and international DJs. The rooftop bar offers an extensive and varied menu of delicious and creative cocktails, craft and commercial beers, wines, and popular spirits, as well as a selection of bites and a weekend BBQ during the summer.
– The Roof at Park South – The Roof at Park South is a rooftop bar in NoMad, offering unique cocktails and a globally-inspired bar menu. It boasts unobstructed views of the New York City skyline and features a covered bar, fireside sofas, and a beautiful ambiance. The venue has been named one of NYC’s top rooftop bars by Conde Nast Traveler and The New York Times. It is a popular spot for private events, with semi-private and private gatherings ranging from 15 to 175 guests in vignettes designed for events.
Cielo was a popular nightclub located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. The club was known for its intimate space, holding about 300 people, and its focus on house and techno music.
Some of the notable events hosted at Cielo included Francois K’s weekly Sunday Deep Space night, Wednesday’s house-focused Roots with Louie Vega and Kevin Hedge, and alternating special events on weekends. The club featured a Funktion One soundsystem, a specially designed sunken dance floor, and an extensive lighting system.
Cielo was described as a “mature” experience designed purely for music and dancing, blending modernity with retro style. The club had a warm-hued interior and was often bathed in colorful lighting, creating a unique atmosphere for its guests.
The club was also known for its long-running house and techno parties, making it a popular destination for electronic music enthusiasts.
Unfortunately, Cielo closed its doors in December 2018, along with another renowned New York club, Output. The closure of these two clubs had a significant impact on the city’s electronic music landscape.
The DL is a multi-level venue located in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, offering a chandelier-lit restaurant, a lively rooftop lounge, and a ground floor bar and kitchen. Here are some key features and details about The DL:
– Rooftop Lounge: The DL’s rooftop lounge is the largest retractable rooftop in the Lower East Side, providing skyline views and serving as an all-weather space for various events. It offers a unique setting for day parties, nightlife events, and private functions.
– Restaurant and Bar: The venue’s ground floor features a bar and kitchen that is open daily and late, serving American fare created by Executive Chef Art T.. Whether it’s an after-work cocktail or a dinner for the night ahead, The DL’s restaurant aims to satisfy various cravings.
– Address and Contact Information: The DL is located at 95 Delancey St, New York, NY 10002, at the corner of Ludlow St and Delancey St. You can reach them by phone at (212) 228-0909 or via email at [email protected].
– Transportation: The nearest subway stations to The DL are Delancey/Essex Street, served by the F/M and J/Z lines.
– Hours of Operation: The DL’s operating hours are as follows:
– Monday-Wednesday: Closed
– Thursday: 5:30 pm to 11 pm
– Friday: 5:30 pm to 4 am
– Saturday: 4 pm to 4 am
– Sunday: 5:30 pm to 11 pm
– Times may vary due to season or event, so it’s recommended to call and verify the hours.*
– Lost & Found: If you have lost something at The DL, you can inquire about it by contacting the venue directly.
Tao Downtown Nightclub is a trendy nightspot located in New York City. It is a hidden gem within the grandeur of TAO Downtown’s restaurant. The nightclub serves cocktails amid a cool, Chinese-themed setting with exposed-brick walls.
The Jane Hotel Ballroom, located in the West Village of New York City, was a legendary party spot that recently closed on November 20, 2022. The ballroom was known for its unique and cozy atmosphere, often described as downtown New York’s living room.
The space was originally transformed by its owner, Sean MacPherson, from the Hotel Riverview, a flophouse, into the Jane Hotel, with the interiors, including the ballroom, designed by MacPherson himself.
The Jane Hotel Ballroom had a diverse crowd, attracting former staff, party bookers, DJs, bartenders, as well as 20-somethings and college students looking for a drink and a banquette to climb.
The venue was not known for the big models-and-bottles scene but rather for its artistic and creative atmosphere, attracting a mix of jocks, nerds, and artists. The ballroom often hosted live events, readings, and performances, creating a unique and intimate experience for its guests.
Unfortunately, The Jane Hotel Ballroom has closed and will be transformed into a members-only club. The hotel rooms, however, will remain operational through the end of their lease.
Bembe is a lively lounge and dance club located at 81 South 6th Street in Brooklyn, New York. Known for its DJs, live global music, and tropical cocktails, Bembe offers a vibrant atmosphere for dancing and socializing. The venue is situated near the Williamsburg Bridge and is often crowded, with people lining up to get in.
The interior of Bembe features a unique “lost-and-found” vibe, with lounge decor consisting of found and recycled objects from all over New York City.
The music played at Bembe is a mix of global genres, spun by live DJs, creating an energetic and diverse sound. The venue operates as a cash-only bar, so be sure to come prepared with cash for your night out.
Bembe is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike, offering a unique and exciting nightlife experience in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
House Of Yes
House of Yes is a creative collective and nightclub located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City. The venue is known for its unique and creative culture, dance parties, cabaret shows, circus spectacles, immersive cinema, and creative experiences designed to allow guests to have their best night ever.
Here are some key details about House of Yes:
– Address: 2 Wyckoff Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11237
– Type: Nightclub and performing arts space
– Capacity: 475 people
– Opened: 2015
– Features: Multi-room venue with high ceilings, video installations, and a full backyard; self-proclaimed “circus theatre”; focus on both electronic music and live entertainment; dedication to consent culture and fostering self-expression; recognized internationally for holding the culture of nightlife to a higher standard.
House of Yes offers reserved tables, custom celebrations, and bottle service for most dance parties and shows. The venue is a 1-minute walk from the Jefferson stop on the L train and a 5-minute cab ride from the Flushing stop on the J/M/Z train.
Elsewhere is a multi-room music venue, nightclub, and arts space located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City. Housed in a converted warehouse, the venue features three stories of dance floors and stages, including a large seasonal rooftop, a lounge bar, and an outdoor courtyard. Here are some key details about Elsewhere:
– Address: 599 Johnson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11237
– Type: Music venue, nightclub, and arts space
– Features: Multiple rooms, a large seasonal rooftop, a lounge bar, and an outdoor courtyard; dedicated to the best in underground club music; hosts massive multi-room celebrations with internationally renowned DJs and producers.
Elsewhere offers a full bar, and smoking is only allowed outside the venue. The space is known for its diverse programming, featuring live music, DJ nights, and various art events.
The venue has gained a reputation for its commitment to the best in underground club music and has hosted renowned artists such as Paul Kalkbrenner, Carl Craig, Charlotte de Witte, DJ Seinfeld, DJ Stingray, and Floating Points.
Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge
Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge is a popular rooftop cocktail bar and lounge located at the Moxy Times Square hotel in New York City. Here are some key details about Magic Hour:
– Address: 485 7th Ave, New York, NY 10018
– Type: Rooftop bar and lounge
– Features: “Urban amusement park” theme with multiple bars, rotating seasonal cocktails, bites, unlimited rooftop views, and pink decor; five distinct environments, including a gallery-like entrance hall, a small interior lounge, and two separate outdoor areas; an antique carousel for seating; a putt-putt golf course populated by flirty animal sculptures; a menu inspired by state fairs offering shareable light bites.
Magic Hour is the largest all-season indoor and outdoor rooftop bar in New York City, offering a unique and playful atmosphere for guests.
The venue is open daily, with different hours for each day of the week. Reservations are recommended and can be made online. The venue is 21+ at all times except for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, which is open to all ages.
Magic Hour has received positive reviews for its chic decor, creative cocktails, and fun atmosphere.
In conclusion, New York City’s nightlife scene is one of the best in the world. With countless options for parties, entertainment, and socializing, it can be hard to know where to start.
However, this article has provided a comprehensive guide with 17 of the best nightclubs in NYC. From Marquee to Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge, these clubs offer everything from live music to bottle service and VIP lounges.
Whether you’re looking for a trendy spot or an exclusive club experience, these venues have got you covered.