Long Island is a great place to be if you’re a sports fan. With plenty of teams to root for and games to watch, it’s no surprise that there are many sports bars on Long Island where you can catch the action.
Whether you’re looking for a place to grab a beer and some wings with friends or a spot to watch the big game, there are plenty of options to choose from.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best sports bars on Long Island, according to various sources. From classic pubs to modern gastropubs, there’s something for everyone on this list.
So, grab your friends, put on your team’s jersey, and head out to one of these top-notch sports bars to cheer on your favorite team.
Top 14 Best Sports Bars Long Island
X-Golf – Commack
X-Golf Commack is an indoor golf simulator facility located at 108 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Commack, New York. It features nine indoor golf simulators, a bar and lounge, and 22 TVs showing all the games.
The facility is known for its great food and professional practice lessons offered by the Peter Stern Golf Academy. Lessons can be scheduled by appointment.
X-Golf Commack is the first New York location for the California-based franchise. The facility is open to Long Island golfers and offers a virtual golf course experience where players can swing real clubs at real golf balls against a virtual backdrop.
The Tipsy Barrel
The Tipsy Barrel is a bar and restaurant located at 470 Newbridge Road, East Meadow, New York.
It is open from Monday to Thursday from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Friday from 1:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Saturday from 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM, and Sunday from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
According to Yelp, it is a cocktail bar with a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 80 reviews. The Tipsy Barrel is described as a gem and one of the few places like it on Long Island. The restaurant has a menu that can be viewed on MenuPix.
Momo’s Sports Bar
Momo’s Sports Bar is a sports-centric joint located in Long Island, New York. They offer burgers and wraps, and have many TVs in their wood-paneled digs.
Momo’s has two locations in Long Island, one in Holbrook and the other in Bayport. They offer catering services for events and have a catering menu available on their website.
Momo’s Sports Bar in Holbrook has a full menu and offers delivery. They are known for their food and offer chicken, beef, or pork as protein options.
Momo’s Sports Bar has received positive reviews on TripAdvisor, with customers praising their food and service. They are open from 11:00 am to 1:00 am from Monday to Thursday.
The Rust & Gold
The Rust & Gold is a restaurant and sports bar located at 70 Gerard St in Huntington, Long Island. The restaurant serves modern American food and craft beer in a garage-style setting decorated with trophies and sports memorabilia.
They offer happy hour specials from Monday to Friday from 4-7 pm. The restaurant also hosts events, which can be found on their website.
The menu includes items such as the Long Island Steak Sando, which is made with shaved ribeye, provolone, and honey mustard.
Customers have given the restaurant positive reviews on websites such as TripAdvisor and Yelp.
Red Zone Bar & Grill
Red Zone Bar & Grill is a restaurant and bar located in West Babylon, Long Island. Their menu features items such as bone-in jumbo wings and crispy boneless wings.
The restaurant is known for its beer selection and has a cozy atmosphere.
– Address: 770 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY 11704
– Phone number: (631) 669-9527
– Hours: Monday-Sunday 11am-4am
– Menu: The restaurant’s menu can be found on their website and on MenuPix.
– Reviews: Reviews of Red Zone Bar & Grill can be found on Yelp and Restaurant Guru.
– Directions: Directions to the restaurant can be found on their website and on MenuPix.
CORKS & TAPS
Corks & Taps is a restaurant located in Long Island, New York. It was a popular restaurant in Bay Shore, but it will be transformed into the American Standard Whiskey Bar & Grill, courtesy of the Costa Verde.
The Bay Shore location’s Instagram page shows that it offers happy hour, catering, live music, and surf & turf, among other things.
There is also a Corks & Taps location in Farmingdale, New York, which is a sports bar that accepts credit cards and cryptocurrency.
The Bay Shore location has been reviewed on TripAdvisor, where it has a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. Finally, the Corks & Taps website is currently under construction.
Pete’s Place Sports Bar
Pete’s Place Sports Bar is a local dive bar located in Bohemia, Long Island. It is a few minutes from Sunrise Highway and is known for its sports atmosphere.
The bar serves Italian food. The contact number for the bar is (631) 218-0060. It is one of the top 30 sports bars in Long Island according to DexKnows.com.
Miller’s Ale House
Miller’s Ale House is a restaurant and sports bar chain with multiple locations in Long Island, New York. The Long Island locations are in Levittown, Deer Park, Lake Grove, and Commack.
Miller’s Ale House has a total of 103 locations across the United States. Customers can enjoy a variety of food and drinks while watching sports on over 60 TVs.
Miller’s Ale House also offers daily deals, lunch specials, and an eClub with free Zingers® with a $20 minimum purchase on the next visit.
Port Jeff Brewing Company
Port Jeff Brewing Company is a microbrewery located in Port Jefferson, Long Island, New York. The brewery features a 7 barrel system which is capable of producing 217 gallons of beer per batch.
The company offers tours and has a tasting room with a wooden boat bar where visitors can sample their house beers on tap. In addition to their tasting room, Port Jeff Brewing Company also hosts events.
The brewery features a variety of craft beers, including IPAs, stouts, and ales. Visitors to the brewery have given it positive reviews, with many praising the quality of the beer.
Monaghan’s Bar & Restaurant
Monaghan’s Bar & Restaurant is a popular Irish and American restaurant and bar located in Rockville Centre, Long Island.
– Monaghan’s offers a pub menu with Irish specialties, as well as American cuisine.
– The restaurant has a classic bar setting and a great atmosphere.
– Reviewers on TripAdvisor and Yelp have praised the food at Monaghan’s, with recommendations for dishes like chicken Parmesan.
– Monaghan’s serves draft beer and cocktails.
– The restaurant is located at 48 N Village Ave, Rockville Centre, NY 11570.
Overall, Monaghan’s Bar & Restaurant seems to be a popular spot for those looking for a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, good food, and drinks.
Tara Inn is a bar located in Port Jefferson, Long Island, New York.
– Tara Inn is described as the ultimate dive bar. It is not an upscale or fancy place.
– Tara Inn has a vast selection of food. You can view the menu for Tara Inn on MenuPix.
– Tara Inn has mixed reviews on Yelp, with an overall rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. On Tripadvisor, Tara Inn has an overall rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.
– In 2021, Tara Inn’s chef Andrew Michaels Seeley was featured on a new Food Network TV show.
– Tara Inn has an Instagram account with 1533 followers.
– Tara Inn is located at 1519 Main St, Port Jefferson, NY 11777.
Lynns hula hut, montauk
Lynn’s Hula Hut is a tiki bar located in Montauk, Long Island, owned and designed by Lynn Calvo. The bar serves organically infused cocktails that are a must-try during the summer.
The bar is open from Sunday to Saturday from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The bar is known for its Pacific Rim-inspired bohemian tiki atmosphere, live music, and organic infusions.
It is a 21+ only establishment. The bar is located at 426 West Lake Dr, Montauk, NY 11954. Lynn’s Hula Hut is a Polynesian Tiki-Hut that started as an adventure and has now become a popular spot in Montauk.
Based on the search results, there are multiple O’Mally’s restaurants in Long Island, NY.
– O’Mally’s North Fork: This restaurant is located at the end of Long Island’s North Fork and is known for its burgers and steaks. However, as of 2021, it has been sold and is set to be replaced by a new restaurant called Senor Taco Mexican Grill.
– O’Mally’s East Hampton: This restaurant is located at 209 Montauk Highway, East Hampton, NY 11937 and serves steak, seafood, burgers, and pub food.
– O’Mally’s Southold: This restaurant was located at 44780 Country Rte 48, Southold, NY 11971, but according to Yelp, it is now closed.
There are also other Irish pubs with similar names, such as Biddy O’Malley’s, which is located in Northvale, NJ, and has good ratings on Yelp.
Tommy’s Place, Port Jefferson
Tommy’s Place is a dining sports bar located in Port Jefferson, New York. It is situated on the corner of East Broadway and Main Street.
The restaurant offers a family dining experience and is known for its food. Tommy’s Place has a rating of 3.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor and 4 out of 5 on Yelp.
It offers takeout services. The restaurant has an Instagram account where they post special deals and events. Additionally, there is a YouTube video that introduces Tommy, who is a local celebrity and a bit of a legend in Port Jefferson.